function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Baktash H.Baktash H. 

Email Verification

Hello,

i have a register function and i am about to add an Email Verification. Right now when a user registers, he gets an empty email because I do not really know how to realize this.

The function should be: The new Participant registers, gets an email with a Link, on which he has to click to be registered.

On Forums like this you usually get a link with a random number. Thats not the problem,

but how should the page look like where the link redirects to, and what should it do?

Maybe just do the insert of the Participant when the link is visited?

Thanks in advance.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Can you tell us a little more about how the user registers?  Is this a registration that creates a user record in Salesforce?  Is it through a site or a regular Salesforce page?

Baktash H.Baktash H.

Its actually inserting a new Record to my custom object object objUsers__c

And it has a username and a password.

Thats it.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Still need a little more information - is this something that a Salesforce user signs up to?

Baktash H.Baktash H.

No.

There is a custom Object objUser__c with fields, Password__c and Username__c, Email__c.

And there is a register VF-Page which inserts a new User. when he fills out these 3 fields.

But I want that the user gets an email and he is inserted when he clicks on a link.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Understood.  However, how does someone access that visualforce page - is it through a Force.com site, or is this something done by a user after logging in to the org?