function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nikvm257Nikvm257 

Change mangement Process

Hello guys,

This is a general question which i am not sure in which section shall I post .

But still ...

I am Salesforce Admin in my orgnisation. We get remedy tickts to perform changes in some existing standered / custom objects in SFDC.

when I do the change my name appear in the modified by field. But there is no  filed on the object level to maintain the remedy ticket number just to let me know why I did the change?

So now what could be solution over this ?

Can I maintian any sort of documentation ?

if yes can someone give me some kind of template ?

is there a place on SFDC where I can go and add this informatio.

Thanks in advance!

-Nikhil

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You could create a custom object to track these details; perhaps a custom Visualforce page to manage the details in this custom object. It is theoretically possible to build a page that uses a Java applet that is controlled by JavaScript. The applet provides access to the Metadata API, while the Visualforce page could take care of the data stored in the custom object. If you can't do this yourself, maybe you could get a developer to do this for you.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You could create a custom object to track these details; perhaps a custom Visualforce page to manage the details in this custom object. It is theoretically possible to build a page that uses a Java applet that is controlled by JavaScript. The applet provides access to the Metadata API, while the Visualforce page could take care of the data stored in the custom object. If you can't do this yourself, maybe you could get a developer to do this for you.

This was selected as the best answer
Nikvm257Nikvm257

Hello sfdcfox,

Thank you very much for your reply.

That is certainly a nice approch .

But don't you think we should have some standdered way of doing this?

I have worked on SAP platform where in whenever I used to chnage a std/custome object I had to release it for use and during this there was a mandetory filed to write

"change comments" that way I could track my changes very well.

do yo believe this calls for an idea exchange post ?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

-Nikhil