function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
grahamroygrahamroy 

Can I update a master-detail relationship using LexiLoader or the Workbench?

I have a number of custom object records in Salesforce that have been associated to the wrong parent object. I have managed to extract the data out and look up the correct parent record, which means I now have a csv file that contains:

object id | parent id

12345     | abcdef

67890     | ghijkl

When I try to use either the LexiLoader or the Workbench however, the master-detail doesn't show up as one of the fields I have amend.

Is there a way to amend master-detail relationships using one of these data loader mechanisms (there are 4000 records to update) or do I have to change the relationship to a look-up value and do it that way?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
arizonaarizona

There is no way to modify the master in the detail record.  You have to create a new detail record with the correct master.  The delete the detail record that it replaces.

All Answers

arizonaarizona

There is no way to modify the master in the detail record.  You have to create a new detail record with the correct master.  The delete the detail record that it replaces.

This was selected as the best answer
arizonaarizona

That is strange.  I just accepted my answer as the solution.  It seems like the person asking the question should be the only one that can accept the answer as the solution.

grahamroygrahamroy

oh well, it's a good answer. you're right about it should be me who's the only one who can do this though