function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
oracleguruoracleguru 

Why can't I see records owned by different users in contact lookup box

Hi,

In my org,I am using public Read/Write sharing model for Account and Contact.

I am able to see and search all contact records through global search.But if I am trying to search any contact which is owned by a different user in a Contact lookup dialogue,it is not showing the records.I am just wonderin which settings decides the visibility of records in Lookup dialoague box?

There are no lookup filters present in my org.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
oracleguruoracleguru

I found out the problem.

If a contact is not associated to any account,and it is not owned by you,it will not display in lookup dialog box search..

Need to check with Salesforce support about this functionality.

All Answers

Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Hi,

It is happening because, you have not yet visited those records.

Try to visit/navigate those records and then you can see those records in lookup dialog box.

For more information, Click here

Thanks,

devendra

oracleguruoracleguru

I understood that lookup dialoge displays the recently viewed contacts,but my issue is even if I am searching with a user name in Lookup dialog search boz,the record is not displaying in the results.Any idea why it is not displaying the records which are not owned by me?

Hi,

I suggest you to check the Sharing settings for that object. You have mentioned that It is Public Read/Write, so it wont be a problem.

I think we need to first navigate those record, then only we can see them in lookup list. Search wont help I guess.

Thanks,
Devendra

oracleguruoracleguru

I have cross checked the sharing settings and its public Read/Write.Also I have checked in another development org,and there everything is working fine.I am able to search any contact in that org,I think something has changed in my org and trying to find out which settings determines the visibility of records in Lookup dialogue.

Hi,

Have you checked the "Lookup Dialogs" option?

We need to add fields over here to make recrd searchable on those field criteria.

Thanks,

Devendra

oracleguruoracleguru

Yes.All searchable fields are already added to Lookup Dialogues. It displays the search results records which are owned by the me.

oracleguruoracleguru

I found out the problem.

If a contact is not associated to any account,and it is not owned by you,it will not display in lookup dialog box search..

Need to check with Salesforce support about this functionality.

This was selected as the best answer

Hi,

Good to see you have found the problem..Great..!

Thanks,

Devendra

oracleguruoracleguru

Thanks Devendra for your suggestions..Really appreciated..