function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HightowerHightower 

Special Characters in case description

I received a report of something weird happening on cases yesterday where the Description has been converted to special characters. Modifications were not made to the description they only added comments to the case. I have not a clue what's going on so any help would be great.

For about the last 5 work days or so, there have been no leads to pull over from, that’s very unusual.  I’ve verified with the sales team that they are sending them.  Please verify that this tool is working correctly.  Thanks.

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Are you using E2C to create Case comments via incoming email responses? I have experienced scenarios where we were using email services (not standard E2C) to create Case comments via incoming emails and and also pushing this content into the Case Description. We were also getting junk characters due to different forms of email formats (text, HTML etc) and had to take care of this in the email handler class so that it only identifies the meaningful email body and truncate the rest of the stuff like signature, disclaimer etc.

Let me know if you are using custom email services to create case comments, coz that could be the potential reason.

HightowerHightower

Case comments are only manually keyed in by employees or copy and pasted from an outlook email. Nothing getting written to it through an email service that i am aware of