function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BryanRevBryanRev 

Force.com IDE installation on eclipse

Hello,

I am new to force. I have been just using the following site to develop apps

https://na15.salesforce.com/

I have learned that most use Eclipse to fully develop. *(I am using the free edition right now while my company transitions.)

I have downloaded Eclipse and went through the instuctions given at the following link

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.5

I have loaded the Eclipse but when i try to create a new project i keep getting an error message when creating a new project.

Unable to connect to the hostname 'test.salesforce.com'

then it says that my credentials fail. *** I am using the correct credentials and resetting my security token... Am I doing something incorrect?

imutsavimutsav
If you are trying to connect to the free edition SFDC. Then when you create a new project choose 'Production/Developer Edition' from the Environment and in the password add security token at the end. You will get your security token from salesforce.com. When you login to your account go to setup -> then from left hand side under Personal Setup choose My Personal Information -> click on Reset My Security Token - > and then click on Reset my security Token. It would send you the security token by email. then when you have to create your project in eclipse; In password field enter your password and then paste your security token
Eg. if your password is xyz and your security token is 00BF000000I8N28393j378fddj3gh3 then enter xyz00BF000000I8N28393j378fddj3gh3 in the password. This would be needed for dataloader too. There is a way to by pass this by adding your IP address into SFDC. However this would solve your problem.

Thanks
Utsav

[Do mark this answer as solution and also give a Kudos if you believe this helped you]
BryanRevBryanRev

Thank you that did work...

I am however getting a fetch error of the following

Unable to fetch and save force.com components to project

com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$jaxAccessroF_FullName cannot be

cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.accessor

Abourt or continue Force.com project

Do you know what this means?

imutsavimutsav
which version of JDK is installed on your computer it should be 1.6 not 1.7

Thanks
Utsav

[Do mark this answer as solution and also give a Kudos if you believe this helped you]
BryanRevBryanRev
How can you tell what version was installed???
chris.noechris.noe

Open up a command window on Wndows or terminal on Mac and type in "java -version" (without quotes).

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Hi Bryan 

Here is complete detail step by step: 

1. You need to keep Ecplse setup

2. JDK latest

3. install frst JDK and then create workspace fr Eclipse

4. add plugin FORCE.COM IDE in eclipse

5. Create a new Project. 

for more detail click here

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.4.x