function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
apex_keenapex_keen 

not able to deploy change sets

Hi All, 

I'm system admin of my organization but getting following error when adding dependencies in change sets : 

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. 

I've done deployment in recent past but then, just follow simple steps &  I didn't get any issue. Please note, I'm trying to deploy few reports as dependencies along with with few visual force pages ( need for dashboard)

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JonathanBaltzJonathanBaltz

My suggestion would be to remove items from the list of dependencies, one by one, and find out which item(s) are causing the problem.  Then, when you locate the issue, investigate on that item a little more and go on from there.  There are times when something like a hidden field, regardless if you are the System Admin or not, may be holding up your entire Change Set.

All Answers

JonathanBaltzJonathanBaltz

My suggestion would be to remove items from the list of dependencies, one by one, and find out which item(s) are causing the problem.  Then, when you locate the issue, investigate on that item a little more and go on from there.  There are times when something like a hidden field, regardless if you are the System Admin or not, may be holding up your entire Change Set.

This was selected as the best answer
A_SmithA_Smith

This shouldn't be happening.  If you find the offending component, send me a private message with your username and the component name.  I'll take a look and log a bug.  

apex_keenapex_keen

Thanks all- i'm able to resolve by doing what Jonathan has suggested. Removing each item one by one from change set.

I found - one report stored in my personal folders.As I moved it in some other folder. deployment occcur smoothfully.