function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Book_GuyBook_Guy 

Salesforce For Outlook - Toolbar

Hi All,

I installed Salesforce For Outlook 2010 on a users machine, but can not get the "Send & Add" toolbar to appear.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--David

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Possible Causes and Resolutions of the Salesforce with Outlook connector:

Make sure ‘Email to Salesforce’ is enabled and also ‘Add Email’ feature is enabled in the Outlook configuration that you have been assigned to.

To enable “Email to Salesforce”:

*Requires System Administrator permission

In Salesforce, click Your Name -> Setup -> Personal Setup -> Email -> My Email to Salesforce and make sure the ‘Active’ box is checked

To enable ‘Add Email’for each user:

In Salesforce, click Your Name -> Setup -> Personal setup -> Desktop Integration -> Salesforce for Outlook , Edit your Outlook Configuration and make sure the ‘Add Email’ box is checked under  “Email Settings”

Check if SFO is running in System Tray. The ‘Add Email’ button will never display if SFO is not running in system Tray. SFO runs only from the system tray and does not have a menu item in Outlook unlike the “Connect for Outlook”

If ‘Email to Salesforce’ and ‘Add Email’ are both enabled in Salesforce and you do not see the ‘Add Email’ or ‘Send and Add Email’ buttons in Outlook, it is possible that either they are disabled by Outlook or the installation failed due to security software or the user who installed the application did not have local administrator permission on the computer.

Outlook 2007: Help -> Disabled Items…

Outlook 2010: File -> Options -> Add-ins

Under ‘Manage’ drop down select “Disabled Items” and click on the ‘Go…” button

If Salesforce for Outlook is in the disabled item list, select it and click on Enable  You need to restart Outlook and SFO

If SFO is running, make sure that you have synced with Salesforce.com using SFO. The add-in will get its configuration after SFO finishes sync and ‘Add Email’ button will load in Outlook.

If you have recently made any changes to your configuration, you must sync using SFO for add-in to pickup latest configurations. You can do this by manually initiating Sync or by waiting for Auto Sync to initiate sync to get latest configurations.

To sync manually: Right click on the SFO system tray icon in the taskbar in the right bottom corner of the screen and click on sync and sync now

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

Kent ManningKent Manning

Hi David,

If following the suggestions that Ankit presented don't work, please know that this is an on going problem that Salesforce Technical Support is aware of.  I know they are working on a solution, but I don't have a time frame as to when it might be done.  We have had this problem recur multiple times.

Kent