function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ACDSeeACDSee 

E-mail attachments automatically attach to Opportunities as File Attachments?

Quick question ( I hope) in regards to e-mail attachments…

Current Steps:

1.       From the Opportunity tab, I am clicking on “Send an E-mail” button

2.       I click on the “Select Template” button and select a template from the list

3.       I click on the “Attach File” button and browse my desktop for the file (The file is unique to each e-mail being sent)

4.       Click Send

5.       Navigate to the bottom of the Opportunity and click on the “Attach File” button

6.       Browse my desktop for the same file I just sent in the e-mail and attach it to the Opportunity 

Is there Code/Application/Setting within SalesForce that can eliminate steps 5 & 6? 

I would like to have the attachment automatically added to the Opportunity as an attachment upon sending the e-mail.

Message Edited by ACDSee on 01-24-2010 07:53 PM
werewolfwerewolf
You could probably write a trigger on after insert of Attachment which goes and makes a corresponding attachment on the opportunity which is the parent of whatever object the email attachment is to.
ACDSeeACDSee
Unfortunatley, I won't know where to start with writing an Apex Trigger...I was hoping for a simple solution.  I wonder if anyone else has done this?
BrandiTBrandiT

Did you ever find a way to do this?  I'm current;ly facing the same issue in my org.

ACDSeeACDSee

No, I never found a resolution to the problem...still doing these steps manually.

SalmanSalman
Hii ACDSee,

Can you please check this application for Email Attachments,

MassMailer Docs is the best way to store and mass email your Salesforce files to contacts or leads
Attach files to Salesforce objects and mass email them as file attachments to your contacts or leads in one go.

You can try this app by installing from appexchange- -Massmailer Docs

For more details about massmailer docs please click here Link