function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ajaydgr8Ajaydgr8 

Recursive Work Flow for Email Escalation

Hi,

Problem:

If I create/edit an opportunity with 'Prospecting' Stage, an email should be sent to the concern group of user after 7 days, if it opportunity stage doesn't change, it should keep on checking the status and should send an email after every 7 days till the status is 'Prospecting'.

Can this functionality be achieved configuring workflow.

Thanks,

Ajay. 

flomadflomad

Hi Ajay,

Sure. For this you can use a time-dependent workflow. For the recursive sending you have to do a bit more but if you for example create a date-field which you look up & update each time in the workflow this should be quite easy.

I hope I could help you and if you need any more help don't hesitate to mail me (florianhoehn@hotmail.de)

Regards, Florian

Message Edited by flomad on 03-17-2010 02:10 AM
Ajaydgr8Ajaydgr8

Hi Florin,

Thanks for your reply on sForcecommunity, sparing your time on my problem and letting me know the solution.

I have already implemented what you suggested.

Below is description what Iimplemented but didn’t work:

1.       Created custom field i.e. datetime field.

2.       Created a workflow which actually updated the value in custom fieldi.e. datetime/date field

3.       Created other workflow which is again update the custom field value.

Both of the above created workflowwere time based. BUT did not work.

Please let me know the steps whichyou want me to implement to make it work.

Looking fwd to your reply.

Regards,

Ajay.

Message Edited by Ajaydgr8 on 01-27-2010 11:31 PM

flomad wrote:

Hi Ajay,

Sure. For this you can use a time-dependent workflow. For the recursive sending you have to do a bit more but if you for example create a date-field which you look up & update each time in the workflow this should be quite easy.

I hope I could help you and if you need any more help don't hesitate to mail me (florian.hoehn@midsquare.de)

Regards, Florian

Message Edited by Ajaydgr8 on 01-27-2010 11:34 PM
flomadflomad

Hey Ajay,

You would only need one workflow.

Create a formula field with the type "date" -> then put in TODAY() for example.

Next is you create your time dependent workflow with two actions: one is the mail, the second one a field update on your custom formular field with again TODAY().

So when the workflow starts it does its own lil loop. To make it suitable for your purpose you have to adjust the formular field, otherwise the mails wouldn't stop.

Don't forget to activate your workflow!!

Hope that helps a bit more.

Florian

Manjusha Srinivasan 1Manjusha Srinivasan 1
Hello,
Any Solutions for the above question?