function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kylejkylej 

Approval Process

The approval process commitsthe change to the record and then locks it down. Is there another process outthere that does not commit the change to the record until the approval has beengranted? I don’t like the idea of having the change attached to the recorduntil the approval has actually been granted. Any ideas?

ivantsyivantsy

I am Newbie too.

As I understand, approval process commits the change to the "Approval REQUEST record" and locks it down, but not to a record in a table with your data.

Message Edited by ivantsy on 01-28-2010 08:31 PM
flomadflomad

hi,

If I understand you right all you need to do is design your approval process so that if it is denied all the attributes are set back to origin. That way you won't have the problem you describe.

Additionally you should always have a state field for your approval processes which is updated in every step so that the users can see at first glance in which step the record is in.

Hope that helps.

regards, Florian

kylejkylej
Yes while it's still in the mid-approval process, the master record already has the changes applied to it.  Therefore, any reporting made on it or any views require the user to understand it's mid-approval.  It's not clean where the change is only displayed or committed to the master record after final approval.