function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrandiTBrandiT 

List of all field labels and names for all objects

Is there an easy way to pull just a list of all the fields that your currently have in Salesforce for custom and standard objects?  I would need the field labels and the field names.

I'm not interested in pulling all the data, just the fields.

Thanks!

shillyershillyer

Take a look at describeSObjects().

Hope that helps,

Sati

rDr4g0nrDr4g0n
I was able to get all that information from the wsdl file for our organization. It has been an indespensible tool in creating queries and knowing what kind of data to expect in return.
Abhi_TripathiAbhi_Tripathi

hey...,

hope this help you

Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> mapFields = Schema.getGlobalDescribe().get(selectedValue).getDescribe().fields.getMap();

List<String> sortedKeyset = new List<String>();

for (String fieldName: mapFields.keyset()){
sortedKeyset.add(fieldName);
}

Regards

Abhi

hcmanjunath@hotmail.comhcmanjunath@hotmail.com

thanks man, this is great help.

Madeleine WongMadeleine Wong
Hi! Is this something that someone who doesn't know anything about coding could do? I am looking to find a list of all my fields for my standard and custom objects, but don't know how to code! Any help would be great, thanks!
raghavender manne 3raghavender manne 3
This code snippet gives you the complete list of custom settings, Custom objects in a salesforce org , once  we have the custom object we can dig in to the details the object

integer countCustomObjects =0;
 integer countCustomSettings =0;
   for(Schema.SObjectType objTyp : Schema.getGlobalDescribe().Values()){
    if(objTyp.getDescribe().isCustom()){
        if(objTyp.getDescribe().isCustomSetting()){
            //custom setting
            countCustomSettings++;
            system.debug('Number '+countCustomSettings +' and Name is: '+objTyp.getDescribe().getLabel());
        }else{
            //custom object
            countCustomObjects++;
           system.debug('Number '+countCustomObjects +' and Name is: '+objTyp.getDescribe().getLabel());
        }        
    }
   }
 system.debug('Total number of Custom objects is '+countCustomObjects);
 system.debug('Total number of Custom Settings is '+countCustomSettings);
Shubham Bangad 4Shubham Bangad 4
Really helpful!
Kim SheehanKim Sheehan
I too am not a code developer.  I find it simplest to go to Setup, open the object's Fields. Select from the top of the list to the bottom, and paste it into an Excel sheet.  Remove the hyperlinks with a simple command and you have a pretty well-formatted document.
Chris FederspielChris Federspiel
https://www.asagarwal.com/how-to-report-on-objects-and-fields-defined-in-salesforce/ This nailed it for me. Report on entity definition + field label. Be sure to filter baloney like 'history', 'feed', 'sharing','change' on the entity definition object, field is 'developer name', operator: does not contain.

I'm using it to add language labels for our managed packages