function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rick_NookIndRick_NookInd 

Spring 10: Opportunity Edit Broken in IE7, JavaScript Errors

I've had users report that the probability percent is not auto-populating in opportunity when you select a stage in Spring 10 Release.

It appears there are Javascript errors on page load thus preventing Javascript from populating the probability percent upon stage select box option selection. 

It looks like Opportunity Edit is not working in IE7 and is working in Firefox 2 and IE8.  I don't know about Safari or IE6.

Rick_NookIndRick_NookInd

This is not a IE7 vs IE8 issue.  That was just coincidental.  Sorry.

This is solved by clearing your browser temporary internet files cache.

I'm assuming there was a JavaScript (.js) file that was changed in Spring 10.  Browsers are usually set to cache such files without ever checking if there is a new version.  There are a number of "techniques" one can use to get browsers to download a new javascript file, but apparently SalesForce isn't using them.

So those in IT: if you want your SalesForce to work after Spring 10, someone needs to walk around to every computer and clear the temporary internet files for each user.

CRMSuccessCRMSuccess

Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting.  I've had this reported by a number of users and couldn't figure out what was happening.

Clearing the temp internet files solved the problem.

Thanks again - found your post through a google search.

Justin

SalesCETNESalesCETNE

All of our IE8 users cannot get the probability field to populate. We tried deleting temporary internet files. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Message Edited by SalesCETNE on 02-23-2010 03:23 PM
Rick_NookIndRick_NookInd

What JavaScript error are you getting?  On page load or when you change stage?   Not sure that'll help but hard to speculate what the problem is without more detail.

All I can say right now is try making sure the browsers have the recommended settings (the below is from SF not me):

To maximize the performance of Internet Explorer, set the following options in the Internet Options
dialog box, which you can open by clicking Tools > Internet Options:
General Tab
1. From the General tab, click Settings under Browsing History (Temporary Internet Files
for version 6.0).
2. For the Check for newer versions of stored pages option, select
Automatically.
3. For the Disk space to use option (Amount of disk space to use in version
6.0), enter at least 50 MB.

Security Tab
1. From the Security tab, click Custom Level under Internet and scroll to the Scripting
section.
2. Make sure the Active Scripting option is enabled.

Privacy Tab
1. From the Privacy tab, click Advanced.
2. Select the Override automatic cookie handling option.
3. Select the Always allow session cookies option.

Advanced Tab
From the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and do the following:
o Do not select the Do not save encrypted pages to disk option.
o Select the Use SSL 3.0 option.
Tip: The Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is
closed option causes the cache to clear when Internet Explorer is shut down. This
increases privacy, but may decrease performance.