function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
praveen_kukapraveen_kuka 

How to map a custom object fields with Cases object?

Hi,

Can someone help me in mapping a custom object field with that of the Cases? Thanks

Praveen

praveenkumar.chandrashekar@altisource.com

Swap50Swap50

Hi Praveen

Where do you want to map this? I

praveen_kukapraveen_kuka

Hi.. Thanks for your reply. I have a custom object by name "ASH Phone Support" and I would like to have new fields created in "Cases" and whatever is entered in ASH Phone Support in certain fields needs to get reflected in Cases. Hope I am clear now. Thanks

Prafulla PatilPrafulla Patil

The fields you have created in Cases must be of type formula and in the third step(Step 3. Enter formula) of field defination do select fields from your "ASH Phone Support" object.

I believe there is some relation between Cases and "ASH Phone Support".

praveen_kukapraveen_kuka

Yes there is a lookup field relation between ASH Phone Support and Cases. I tried doing the formula based attempt but not successful.

Swap50Swap50

Hi Praveen

Does Case have a lookup field for "ASH Phone Support"? Or is it the other way.

If you have it on Case, you should be able to pick the values from ASH Phone Support.

Can you please provide the formula your using for the same?

Thanks

Swapna

praveen_kukapraveen_kuka

Yes. I had ASH Phone Support as the lookup in Cases. I didnt give any formula. For example if I want to map SUBJECT in Cases with PROPERTY NUMBER in Ash Phone Support. When I went to 3rd step, it said "Subject =". I just selected Property Number.ASH Phone Support from the fields dropdown