function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tim McDTim McD 

Map Excel Field to Multiselect Picklist

Sorry if I am posting this in a bad area.  If this thread should have been started elsewhere, please let me know:

I have several multi-select picklist fields in a Custom Object I've created.  I now need the ability to Import information from EXCEL into this object in Salesforce, but am having some trouble with the EXCEL Formula.

For each Name, I need an output the CONCATENATEs the name of the column if there is an X in that column, seperated with semicolons.  (The Desired Output column).  I can then map that value to the associated multiselect picklist in Salesforce.

A              B           C          Desired Output

Name       X              X                           A;B

Name2     X              X            X            A;B;C

Name3     X                            X            A;C

I really do appreciate any help you can give,

Tim

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Tim McDTim McD

I found a solution to this problem.  The initial question may have been worded oddly, so I'm gonna rephrase:

For each Name, I need an output that CONCATENATEs the name of the column if there is an X in that column, seperated with semicolons.  (The Desired Output column).  I can then map that value to the associated multiselect picklist in Salesforce.

A                B             C             D          Desired Output

1                     T             U             V

Name       X             X                           T;U

Name2     X             X             X            T;U;V

Name3     X                            X            T;V

The formula looks like this:
=IF(B2="X",CONCATENATE($B$1,";"),)&IF(C2="X",CONCATENATE($C$1,";"),)&IF(D2= "X",CONCATENATE($D$1,";"),)