function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SapamrmSapamrm 

Overdue tasks reminder: how to do best?

The salesforce users in our organisation often forget to execute tasks they have been assigned to or they just forget to mark their tasks as completed, eventhough they did the necessary things to complete them.

I'd like to remind them of their overdue tasks by sending out an automatic email every week/2 weeks with an overview of all the overdue tasks assigned to them.

Is this possible? If yes, how can it be implemented best?

Thanks in advance.

TrueCloudTrueCloud

That is one common issue that most people face. 

I would recommend creating a report of Overdue task and scheduling the report to be sent to respective recipients. Please kark this as a solution if it resolves your issue.

forceCertified.RnelsonforceCertified.Rnelson

This really depends on what your users prefer.  A report / dashboard works fine for some.  However, since there is a view that can be added to most homepage layouts, I'm guessing a report or dashboard won't get you any farther when it comes to user compliance. 

Another way we've begun to check for things like this is to write a class with the @Schedulable instance where you could check the tasks that are not complete and email the list of tasks to each user.  You could also email their superiors if that gets any more action than the reports.

In the end, the answer to your question is dependent upon your users.

SapamrmSapamrm

I've already got a report that summarizes the overdue tasks for each assignee.

But is it possible to schedule a report to be sent to these people? I thought only dashboards could be scheduled and sent by email.

And how can I make a dashboard from the report below?