function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
san k.ax737san k.ax737 

Data migration from saleslogix to salesforce?

Hi

I ve work of migrating the data from saleslogix case database to salesfoce case , can any one help me how to proceed with dis... mainly i'm facing problem wit ID matching. is there any way that we can easily approach this ID matchin........there are around 70000 case records ( 70000 related account + 130000 contacts )

Thanks

San

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

In my opinion use saleslogix id as an external id in the salesforce and upsert the data with the help of external id.

ssinssin

Hi,

But to import data with in salesforce, do we need to export the data first into csv from saleslogix and then use this csv for salesforce or direct migration from saleslogix to salesforce is possible? Qucik response would be appreciated.

Regs,

San

Santosh KumbarSantosh Kumbar

Direct databse connectivity is possible through writing Beans and run through CLI.

otherwise if data volume is less then Export CSV files from saleslogix database and import it to salesforce using Dataloader.

Rgds

San

ssinssin

Hi,

I really appreciate this quick response. I need to do it fairly quickly so wont be able to write Bean... I would prefer data loader.

I need to import Account, Contacts, Email, Attachments and Activity history. Are these objects in both the platforms have exactly similar fields and strtucture? Is there any specific order in whic this data can be imported to avoid any trouble shooting.

Regs,

San

Activity history - is what TASK and EVENT you are talking about ??

Account, Contact structures are same but Fields you need to identify and map. dont think so same field are there..In my case most of the custom fields are mapped so it was completely manual work of mapping.

If you need any more help please feel free to mail me on santosh224@gmail.com as i wont be access most of the time this forum.

Rgds

San

raykarayka

In my case, I have to import values in a DOAccount object and DoContact object in SalesLogix into an opportunity object.  I was thinking about creating a CSV of the SalesLogix data and reading it into a special application which will then read this csv file and will create an opportunity object filled out properly based on the fields coming from this CSV file.  Is there a way to use the Data Loader to do the same thing without having to write this application?

Thanks!

Hey rayka

Once you prepare CSV then you can load the same through Dataloader.

san

www.santoshkumbar.com

Joe Berg 2Joe Berg 2
Hi Guys can anyone who has done a export out of SalesLogix give me a little advice on how to get a complete export which includes all notes and reminders?

Thank you
Joe