function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sforcenewbiesforcenewbie 

BulkAPI relationships in CSV headers or SDL file does not seem to work?

We are moving data from one SF org to another. We decided to use mysql as an intermediate sink. We pull from Source load into mysql and then pump to destination using DataLoader ver 19.

I read all there is to read in the documentation regarding bulk api and built my sql to display column headers as "Relationship Name.External Id field" however it just fails saying "failed to create batch"

Also where does the SDL file picture in this? Nowhere in the bulkapi documentation is there a mention of SDL. If SDL is a Dataloader concept then someone needs to talk about that in the DataLoader manual. Typically I have an SDL file and specified my relationship in the following manner for eg say CreatedById field as

CreatedById = CreatedBy\:ExternalId__c

This works fine without bulkapi true but when I turn BulkApi to true it does not like the colon sign. I then changed it to . and then also changed my query from mysql to reflect column names as "Rel.ExtId field" and commented out the SDL mapping. But nothing works.

What am I missing? Can someone point me in the right direction specifically related to relationships and SDL mappings?

We need to load a total of about 10 to 15 million records.

Thanks