function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MultimanMultiman 

How to keep the values of two pick-lists in sync

We have a number of pick-lists that are supposed to contain exactly the same values. So our admins are struggling to ensure that. Whenever an admin adds or changes an item we must not forget to change the others.

So is there any way to define a list of pick list items at a central place and reuse this list for different pick list fields?

Of course I couldleverage the API to do this with a little script but perhaps there is an out-of-the-box solution for this.

Thanks

Alex

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi Alex,

I think  you can perhaps make use of a 3rd party application built on Dot net based on metadata API and Partner WSDL to  meeet your specific requirement.

The proposed solution can be as follows:-

1. You can make use of a custom object wherein you store all the picklist values in salesforce.

2. Now your dot net application can run on a daily/weekly basis lookup  into this object (which stores all the updated picklist values) and then updates the concerned picklist using functions exposed via matadata API.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.