function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RupBRupB 

Data Loader - map same row twice, to 2 different salesforce.com fields

The SDL mapping is great and lets separate teams work on getting the data OUT of a legacy system, while others work on getting it INTO salesforce.com .

I have discovered that you can force a field to a fixed value : great for setting "Active = TRUE" on a product, for example.

But how can I map  a row from a CSV file onto 2 different salesforce entity fields ?

I would like to do this to load a read-only copy of the legacy value (eg of account address) and load the same initial value into another read-write address field.

JonPJonP
I assume you meant to ask how you can map a column to two different fields on import...  The Data Loader doesn't let you do this (feel free to post an Idea).  However, as a workaround you can always duplicate those column(s) in the CSV file so that each one can be mapped to a different field (even though the values are the same).
RupBRupB

Sorry, yes - talking about columns here. 2 columns : yes, I thought of that.

My current workaround, when I do not want to bother the team on the data extraction side : create a "Field Migration" workflow rule which updates the second field if that field is previously NULL and if the first field is not NULL.