function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnupamaAnupama 

How to build Typical search page in Force.com platform.

I have to go for VisualForce page with custom controller and apex classes Or Can it be built as a standard page?

It would be great if any sample application is available.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

We implemented something like this in Volunteerforce. A new search built entirely in Visualforce allowing the user to search on multiple criteria and change the fields returned. It uses a column format, but still very slick.

You can download the app for free here and see how it works (look for the Search for Activities tab). It's unmanaged, so the code is available.

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

What is wrong with the default search engine? It works on all objects, custom and standard.

Best,

Sati

AnupamaAnupama
Thanks for the reply, But I want to input 3- 4 fields, and when I click on search, want to display results in tabular format, filtering the data based on user input. How this can be achieved?
shillyershillyer

We implemented something like this in Volunteerforce. A new search built entirely in Visualforce allowing the user to search on multiple criteria and change the fields returned. It uses a column format, but still very slick.

You can download the app for free here and see how it works (look for the Search for Activities tab). It's unmanaged, so the code is available.

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
AnupamaAnupama
Thanks for the sample application.