function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DrewBDrewB 

WorkFlow Formula - Send an email when one field is edited

I am having difficulty constructing this workflow to operate the way we envision. I believe it can be solved with a formula (says SF support). It seems as though it would be very simple as far as functionality goes, however I cannot make it work.

I have an email list set up, and it is set to send a prebuilt email. It should send this email whenever a date field in the opportunity is changed. Anytime this field is edited I want this email to send. How do I make this happen? Does this need a formula, or can i do it in the standard workflow creation page?

I set the rule criteria to trigger the workflow anytime a date is entered not equal to 9/9/95 as well as the opportunity record type equalling the division of our co. this applies to. With the evaluation criteria set to "every time a record is created or edited" it sends the email anytime anything on the page is created. When it is set to "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria" it only sends once - then disregards any other changes.

Please help. Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

When you define the workflow rule, select "formula evaluates to true" for rule criteria and use this:

ISCHANGED( YOUR_DATE_FIELD)

Evaluation criteria = Every time a record is created or edited

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

When you define the workflow rule, select "formula evaluates to true" for rule criteria and use this:

ISCHANGED( YOUR_DATE_FIELD)

Evaluation criteria = Every time a record is created or edited

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
DrewBDrewB
Great! Thanks!