function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter KempPeter Kemp 

Problem debugging outbound messages

Hi,

We are working with a developer who has set up an external webservice that is called by work flow.  When we fired the workflow on another sandbox it worked fine, but now when we fire it, it is failing.  We would like to look at the SOAP error returned but the Outbound Messaging Delivery Status screen truncates the error to:

ActionOutbound Message IDObject# AttemptsCreated DateNext AttemptDelivery Failure Reason
Retry | Del04kS00000004Ce8a0lS00000008YFU112/06/2009 12:4612/06/2009 12:47System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not l

I've added a log to the account that fires the workflow but it doesn't pick up on the returned message.  Any ideas how I can find out what the "Could no l....." actually means?

I can't seem to find Setup | Monitoring | Outbound Message Notifications. when following the help guide here:

https://cs1.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?section=help&target=workflow_outbound_messages_notifications.htm&loc=help&hash=topic-title

Thanks

Pete

CraigWCraigW

Peter,

I'm having a similar problem - we're you able to dig deeper into a log and retrieve the entire reason?

Thanks,

Craig

Peter KempPeter Kemp

Hi Craig,

I'm afraid I didn't have any luck ddebugging this salesforce side and we had to get the developer todebug it their end.  If you do hear of a way to do it in sfdc then please post it up.

Thanks

Pete