function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HarryHHHarryHH 

Customer settings in Picklists

Hello,

I need some guidance on customer settings and picklists: I have a list of different VAT with a Name and the percentage. I would like to make these settings available to the user in a picklist-field in a customer-object for articles. Is that possible? If yes, how can I define the picklist-values?

Thanks in advance

Harry

Prafulla PatilPrafulla Patil

not much clear on how you need this -

This may work for you - Create Record Types for Customer Object and accordingly you can store values for each record type.

HarryHHHarryHH

Hello,

first of all. thanks alot for your reply!

The VAT is sometimes changing in germany. I would like to make it possible for the user to make these changes once for the whole organisation. The articles have 3 different labels for the different VAT ( actually 0%, 7 %, 19%). But the percentage for the VAT is sometimes changed by government (2 years ago the highest VAT was 16%). By now I have customer list setting with the three different VAT-percentages. I think to do that with record types would not be the right way.

Thanks

Harry

If you want to make Vat % configurable -you can store VAT% values in Custom Setttings objects (which is common for whole applicaiton)

This is the example how to use custom settings  - Custom Setting Example

HarryHHHarryHH

Thanks very much. That helped to get it clearer to access these Values in Apex and Visualforce. Is it possible to populate a custom-picklist with these Values without writing code? (For example like in formula fields)

Thanks

Harry