function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HarryHHHarryHH 

Problem with Master-Detail

Hello,

I am Systemadminstrator. I deleted a Master-Detail relation from one object and tried to define a new one to another Object than the first. But the system tells me I am not authorized to do that. All Objects and Fields were defined by me with the standard-rights.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Harry

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
forcedotcomforcedotcom

Hi Harry,

You'll want to scroll to the very bottom of your objects custom fields and once you reach the bottom you'll see 'Deleted Fields (n)' where n = the number of deleted fields against that object. Click on this link to locate the master-detail relationship that you want to remove and then click 'Erase'. Once you've done that you should be able to go ahead and create your new one.

All Answers

forcedotcomforcedotcom

Hi Harry,

You'll want to scroll to the very bottom of your objects custom fields and once you reach the bottom you'll see 'Deleted Fields (n)' where n = the number of deleted fields against that object. Click on this link to locate the master-detail relationship that you want to remove and then click 'Erase'. Once you've done that you should be able to go ahead and create your new one.

This was selected as the best answer
HarryHHHarryHH

Thanks, that helped!