function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pelmiapelmia 

Filter on current user?

Does anybody know if it is possible to filter a list on the current logged in user against a user lookup field?

I have an issue data object with a field called Responsible that is a relation to the user table. I want a list view to display issues where the responsible field equals the logged in user.

MandyKoolMandyKool

Hi,

You can provide the "Filter" on your User lookup fields. This feature is still BETA version.

You can click on the "Edit" link in front of your lookup field, then go to "Show Filter Settings" and give the condition as in workflows.

Hope this will solve your problem!!!

Thanks,

Mandar.

pelmiapelmia

Thanks for answering so quickly Mandar.

Wouldn't a filter on the lookup field just filter when doing a lookup rather than filter the list of issues?

Didn't get it to work. :-(

Since I'm new I'm also not familiar with the syntax. I tried $User.ID to get the primary key of the currently logged in user when doing a list filter but got a syntax error... "The View Unique Name field can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must be unique, begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores."