function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
uzairuzair 

Transferring Account.

Hi All,

While transferring account to the user I received notification as following:

Transfer Requires Read

The new owner must have "Read" permissions on this type of record.
Click here to return to the previous page.

For this I'd created a Role below to User's role to whom I'm transferring and when I'm transferring the record to the user I got the same notification message. I tried to over come by creating a sharing rule, but the result is same.

Hope this will help you to understand my problem.

Any help to overcome this notification will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
skodisanaskodisana

Hi,

When you transfer ownership of an account, the new user will own:

- Any notes that belong to the existing owner.
- All contacts that belong to the existing owner.
- All opportunities (including optionally closed opportunities) that belong to the existing owner.
- All open activities assigned to the existing owner. Note that completed activities will not be transferred.
- The new owner might need to edit sharing.

Please note the New Owner's profile is having Read permission on Contact, Opportunity, Edit Events, Edit tasks.

All Answers

SunilSunil

It seems the user to whom you want to transfer account does not have read permission for Account object. Pls check the profile, user may not have read permission for Account.

Thanks

uzairuzair

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply.

The user is having Read, Create and Edit Permission on the Account object.

any help to over come this notification will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

SunilSunil

Pls check if new owner has read permission for associated items of Account that are owned by the current record owner. When you transfer a record to new owner,some associated items that are owned by the current record owner are also transferred to the new owner.

Associated items that are also transferred for Account object -

Contacts, contracts with “Draft” status, attachments, notes, and open activities. this can also include open opportunities not owned by the current account owner, closed opportunities, open cases owned by the existing account owner, and closed cases.

Thanks

skodisanaskodisana

Hi,

When you transfer ownership of an account, the new user will own:

- Any notes that belong to the existing owner.
- All contacts that belong to the existing owner.
- All opportunities (including optionally closed opportunities) that belong to the existing owner.
- All open activities assigned to the existing owner. Note that completed activities will not be transferred.
- The new owner might need to edit sharing.

Please note the New Owner's profile is having Read permission on Contact, Opportunity, Edit Events, Edit tasks.

This was selected as the best answer