function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
s5s5 

Web to Lead conversion

Hi Team,

I created web to lead form.If i convert lead to account and contact, is there any possibility so that i can save the account data in particular record type in Account object and similarly contact detail in particular record type.Please let me know whether this can be done or not.

Thanks in advance

Venkat_SFDCVenkat_SFDC

Issues in Web to Lead conversion:

When you convert a lead, Salesforce.com creates a new account, contact, and, optionally, an opportunity using the information from the lead. If an existing account and contact have the same names as those specified on the lead, you can choose to update the existing account and contact. Information from the lead is inserted only into blank fields; Salesforce.com does not overwrite existing account and contact data.  All new web leads are marked with a status equal to the “default status” . In addition, web-generated leads are marked with the “Unread” flag; they have a check mark in the Unread column on lead list views. When a user views or edits a new web lead, the lead is automatically set to “Read.” This way you can easily locate all new leads using the My Unread Leads list view.   You can capture up to 500 leads a day

Thanks,

VenkataNarasimha

s5s5

@Venkat,

I don't think the solution you have suggested would match my request.

Here I am asking whether I can choose the record type of the Account getting created when I am  Converting a Lead to Account.

skodisanaskodisana

Hi,

In the create two new fileds on Lead object and Hardcode that value in Web to Load form with some value.

Create a one field on Account and another in COntact and Map the Lead fields to Account and Contact.

Create a Workflow rule on Account and Contact with the new field value as conditon and action as Field Update with Specific record type. 

Thanks,

Kodisana