function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RakeebRakeeb 

How can i upload csv file data into custom object (without using dataloader and documents)

Hi Guys, i have one scenario  like ,i have custom object with custom fields and i want insert csv file data in to custom object and how can i do that without using dataloader and documents so kindly let me know ASAP any solution ..

srikanth123srikanth123

you can create an application in java or dotnet to read the csv file and update the data to the custom object using enterprise wsdl (API).

shra1_devshra1_dev

Rikeeb,

You can use Import wizard. If the number of records is less than 50k.

But I dont think that you are not aware of it. Any special reason to not use the data loader?

Regards,

Shravan

RakeebRakeeb

Thanks srikanth for giving idea ,Is any other possibility is there apart from java&.net ,i mean any appexchange is available for this.if so kindly let me know.

RakeebRakeeb

Thanks shra , I have scenario like this,i am not aware of import wizard ,you are telling that records should be less than 50 k but if it is exceeds then it wont be applicable for that?Kindly let me know any solution..

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi 

If your records are more than 50k then you need to go to Data Loader for importing the records.

Thanks

RakeebRakeeb

Hi, i have fallow This Import Wizard,go to Data Management->Import Custom Objects then import  

After mapping the field i am getting this error "Error: Record Owner field is not mapped" .In step 3:which one i have to select

1-Name

2-salesforce.com Id

3-None

Below that "Which lookup fields, if any, are included in your import file?" if i have lookup then only i can select the fields right?

Let me know the process ASAP

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Yes

1.You need to select Name,if you have llokup fileds the only you need to select that field.

You need to specify the Name in your CSV file.

2.Though you get error as Owner Field not mapped you proceed to next step and 

deploy the records you will get those records.

RakeebRakeeb

Hi, It is possible to do using visualforce page with hard code?

RakeebRakeeb

Hi , It is possible to build application using visualforce page with hard code (i.e. importing csv file data and inserting in to salesforce custom object?kindly let me know asap

srikeerthisrikeerthi

You need to overide the Import Custom objects page?then it is not possible to do with VF page.

You cannot do the importing with VF page.