function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dstonesiferdstonesifer 

Account List View including Custom Object Field

We have a custom object where we store information about machines we sell, so we have a custom lookup field in this object related to Accounts. Our Accounts page layout includes a related list to the custom object which displays the list of any machines sold to the account. I'm trying to create a list view in Accounts that will include fields from the custom object, for both displaying the field when running the view and using as filters when creating the view. At this point there are no custom object fields available for a list view. I tried creating a new custom Lookup Relationship field in Accounts related to the custom object, where Accounts is the child relationship name, but still no custom object fields are available. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Could some please help me figure this out. Thanks much.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

You can only provide fields of the object on which you are creating a list view. You can not refer to fields of child or parent object.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

All Answers

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

You can only provide fields of the object on which you are creating a list view. You can not refer to fields of child or parent object.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

This was selected as the best answer
dstonesiferdstonesifer
Argh...I was afraid of that. Thank you for your reply Ankit.