function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rockForcerockForce 

Object access permission issue

I have created 4 users U1, U2, U3 and U4, here users U1 and U2 are assigned to profile P1 and users U3 and U4 are assigned to profile P2. In this users assigned to profile P1 has access to object O1 and O2 and don’t has access to O3 and O4, profile P2 is able to access all these four objects. Due to some reason users U1 need to access object O3 as well, to do this I need to create a new profile P3 for U1 having access to O1, O2 and O3 but I don’t want to create lots of profiles for this purpose.

Is there any solution to solve this scenario other than creating the third profile as mentioned above?

Thanks

Rock

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

1.You can use Sharing Settings for that User U1 on the Object O3 by keeping the default 

access permission to Private but you need to share the object for User U3 and U4 again.

It becomes much difficult than this.

2.When you are assigning the Same Profile to Users then it is the basic level of access and

we cant give it differently for different users.So it is better you create other profile for that User 

U3.

Thanks

rockForcerockForce

I have tried creating the seperate profiile but rather than creating another profile, is there any other way to figure out this means is this possible by using groups or delegating administrator. I am not sure whether it will work but can any one suggest me the better way to figure out this.

Thanks

Rock