function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PaulMacPaulMac 

Show all rows in Related List for field with type of: Long Text Area

Currently my related list shows 3 lines of a custom "Comment" field. I would like it to show more or all of the lines. Is this possible?

thanks,

Paul

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Edit the field, there is a section that allows you to select the number of visible lines.

PB

PaulMacPaulMac

Thanks for your reply. I am able to change the number of visible lines on that particular Page Layout, but not when I see that field as an element in a related list on another Page Layout. Are related list field layouts editable?

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Sorry, I need to read better, yea I am stumped....

info.shailinfo.shail

Yes they are.... just go to the related list object in edit pagelayout  and click on setting in the related object you want the change

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Paul,

Can you please provide me the screen shot, so I can understand the specific problem. As I have a text area long field in a related list and am able to display more than 3 lines there. May be am confused somewhere.

Steps I followed are : Created a text area long field on object X and have a related list of X on object Y. I have just added that field in the layout of the related list on object Y and it is displaying me the data in multiple lines.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

PaulMacPaulMac

Here is my screen shot. Thanks for looking at it.

OnkiOnki

Hi Paul,

There is no way to show number of line as per your choice. Only the way you can to do custom development for related list.

I am not sure but salesforce does not show related list textarea data in with number of line they, show information according to number of character.

Regards

Onkar