function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfmakersfmaker 

Custom Objects and Queues

Hi There,

I have a custom object record which I am assigning to a queue by updating the owner field using workflow on creation of the record. I have entered the queue email address but there are no emails going to that email address. 

Can anyone help me figure out why this would be the case?

Regards,

Sandeep

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfmakersfmaker

It appears to be working now after I found out that there was a trigger that was updating the owner field to the queue which  I think was causing the problem. I removed this trigger and instead let the workflow field update change the owner to the queue along with selecting the Notify Assignee checkbox.

Thank you for your help Santhosh.

All Answers

Santhosh KumarSanthosh Kumar

Did you select the "Send Notification Email" check box while assigning to that queue?

sfmakersfmaker

How do i select the Send Notification Email checkbox? is this a field i can update?

Santhosh KumarSanthosh Kumar

When you goto change the ownership of the record, it shows the option to send the notification email. See image below.

sfmakersfmaker

Hi Santhosh,

I am using a workflow field update to set the owner to the queue instead of manually assigning it to the queue. I have added an email address to the Queue Email field but it appears there is no email being sent.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Sandeep

sfmakersfmaker

It appears to be working now after I found out that there was a trigger that was updating the owner field to the queue which  I think was causing the problem. I removed this trigger and instead let the workflow field update change the owner to the queue along with selecting the Notify Assignee checkbox.

Thank you for your help Santhosh.

This was selected as the best answer