function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Book_GuyBook_Guy 

Forwarding Gmail Into Salesforce

Hi All,

I am trying to attach a gmail onto a Contact's record in Salesforce and it is going into "Unresolved Items".

The contact and his email are unique in Salesforce and the email address appears in the body of the email I am forwarding to Salesforce emailtosalesforce@l-5fhsv8ve3..... and exactly matches the email address on the Contact record.

Does anyone have some info on why this is happening and how to resolve it.

Thank you.

--David

ArikArik

The problem is when an email is forwarded, the sender is essentially the recipient (into Salesforce) and so it doesn't know who to match it with, and goes to unresolved items....There are many work arounds to this.  One that some people have used is the "reply to every email rule" in that no matter what, any email that comes in, that you want in SF, get replied to, that way both the received emal and the sent email is included in the uploaded email.  Hope that helps

Book_GuyBook_Guy

Arik,

Thanks for responding.  Do you have any other work arounds you can suggest.

--David

ArikArik

The only solve I have come up with is the reply one.  Otherwise you are going to always have to deal with unresolved items.  I have tried everything.

FC508FC508

Try Cirrus Insight http://www.cirrusinsight.com  It puts a Salesforce sidebar right inside Gmail so you can see relevant Lead and Contact info from Salesforce.  You can also save emails into Salesforce.

TBPTBP

Arik,

Could you please tell me how to implement the "reply to every email rule" you're talking about? What are the cons of this workaround?

Thanks!