function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TabletTablet 

Reset Security Token not available in organization

Hello,

Reset Security token option is not availble under My Personal Information setup.Please help me out from this problem....

AsiereikiAsiereiki

That is because your organization restricts the IP addresses from which you can log in.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

your organization restricts the IP addresses from which you can log in, the Reset My Security Token node does not appear in Setup.

Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran

Hi

You can obtain a your security token either by reset your password  or  you obtain your security token using the Salesforce user interface from a trusted network prior to attempting to access Salesforce from a new IP address.During reset your email Salesforce send you a link to reset your password with your security token too.

Don't forget to give Kudos if this post helped you.

Mark my answer as a solution to your question if it solve your problem.

Choudhary Deepak Shyoran

Salesforce Developer

imAkashGargimAkashGarg

if the organization restricts the IP addresses, the option for resetting the security token will not. Then how to do deployments with eclipse as it asks for the security token?

nbknbk
Manage Users->Profiles->System Administrator->Login Ip ranges-> You will find login ip ranges (ex: 255.255.255.255).
From the eclipse or data loader will not ask for security token. Why u need to security token for the user. If u want to enable 'Reset Security token' you need to delete IP ranges from the profile.
Chris EatonChris Eaton
Ok... I don't have the option to reset my security token and...
  1. I have no IP restrictions in place
  2. I can see Network Access in my security options
  3. SSO is not enabled
  4. I have edited my user profile as per SF, apparently this can somehow "reset" a profile?
Now I'm just stumped - anyone have any suggestions?
umesh atryumesh atry
now Summer'14 has been relaesed ,  this problem should be solved.
Aurangzeb AghaAurangzeb Agha
@Chris Eaton, I'm having the same issue!
Yadnesh KuvalekarYadnesh Kuvalekar
I am also not able to view option for resetting Security Token.
M.sfM.sf
@yadnesh.
If there are any IP range values defined in Profile then Reset My Security Token option will not be available.
In order for the option Reset My Security Token to appear you will need to first either remove the Login IP Ranges or change the user to a profile that does not have any Login IP Ranges listed.
For Unlimited, Performance or Enterprise editions check Setup | Manage Users | Users | Profile| Profile name | Login IP Ranges and for Professional, Group or Contact Manager editions check  Setup | Security Controls | Session Settings

Alan MarcusAlan Marcus
this URL has been a lifesaver for me over the years:  [your salesforce domain]//_ui/system/security/ResetApiTokenEdit?retURL=%2Fui%2Fsetup%2FSetup%3Fsetupid%3DPersonalInfo&setupid=ResetApiToken

you do not need to worry about the ip login ranges.  This is a total hack but it works.  Make sure you are using the logged in user for the token you would like reset.
Carlos SiqueiraCarlos Siqueira
I have an old DE org that I used to get the Wave badge. Now I had to change the password and got a new token. Where do I use this token? 
When I try to login, it does not ask me for ANY token and it does not accept the new password. How do I solve this? Is there a way to disable this requirement? Thanks
Big SteBig Ste
Alan Marcus
this URL has been a lifesaver for me over the years:  [your salesforce domain]//_ui/system/security/ResetApiTokenEdit?retURL=%2Fui%2Fsetup%2FSetup%3Fsetupid%3DPersonalInfo&setupid=ResetApiToken

you do not need to worry about the ip login ranges.  This is a total hack but it works.  Make sure you are using the logged in user for the token you would like reset.

(Perfect)
umesh atryumesh atry
Then you have configured IP ranges. So try to login with IP range. So don't need token.
Aakash Jain 14Aakash Jain 14
Clear Login IP ranges of the profile under which you are looking for security token.
ravindra singh 71ravindra singh 71
I have faced same challenge recently in the project. I have removed IP range specified for the profile under which I am trying to login. It solve the problem.
Shweta PanchalShweta Panchal
 Just add    /_ui/system/security/ResetApiTokenEdit  after  https://......force.com