function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StaciStaci 

email notifications

Scenerio:

We have the system set up so that when a case comes in from a customer it is auto assigned to the dealer queue (through Assignment Rules).  That dealer queue is to get emaileds.  If the priority is P1 or P2 our technicians are to also get an email and the case owner is then assigned to our technicians queue (Support Advocates Queue).  

Only problem is, the case isn't sitting long enough in the dealer queue for the dealers to get the email.  The time restrictions on workflows 1 hour is too long for our SLAs.  Is there a way to guarantee an email goes to the dealer while the case is getting assigned to another queue?

Rise AnalyticsRise Analytics

I think your best bet would be to create a trigger that checks for P1 or P2 status and have that trigger send the e-mail to the dealers and assign the case directly to the technicians queue, skipping the dealer queue.

Let me know if you need help with implementing this.

StaciStaci

Thank you for your reply Rise Analytics.  Do you have any examples of this kind of trigger?  I've written some apex classes, but not triggers.  I assume they probably work the same, but I don't know how to incorporate getting the email sent.  Thank you!