function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pafounet92800pafounet92800 

Opportunity approval process

Hi Everybody,

I want to create an approval process as soon as a custom lookup relationship field (link to my custom object) is edited by a user. How can I do it? I tried to do that like I explain you below. Is it the best way? Salesforce organization is like below:

I created an object called “PS” (for Presales) which ontains the name of all our available presales. From “Opportunity” object I created a custom field called “PS Name” which is a lookup relationship with my “PS” object.

The goal:   I want to create an approval process as soon as the “PS Name” field is edited by a user.

Final Approval or Rejection Actions:    If the edit is accept by the assigned approver, the “PS Name” field keeps this new value. Otherwise, the field must be automatically rollback by its previous value.

I’ve created a custom hide text field in the “Opportunity” object called “PS_LAST” ,which contains the previous name of the “PS Name” (for a potentially rollback). But, in a case of rejection of the approval, I can’t access to the “PS Name” field (with Field Updates of Salesforce) for rollback it to “PS_LAST”.

I hope you’ll find a way to help me, because I did not.

Best regards.

PAF
Message Edited by pafounet92800 on 06-18-2009 07:47 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

Allright, I found the solution alone.

Thanks to all message which have been post on several post by everybody in this community ! It had help me a lot !

Thanks to all the people who had reply to my post !!

=)

Message Edited by pafounet92800 on 06-30-2009 04:20 AM

All Answers

Allright, I found the solution alone.

Thanks to all message which have been post on several post by everybody in this community ! It had help me a lot !

Thanks to all the people who had reply to my post !!

=)

Message Edited by pafounet92800 on 06-30-2009 04:20 AM
This was selected as the best answer
h_lister76h_lister76

Hi pafounet92800,

Can you post your solution to automatically firing the approval process?  I'm trying to accomplish something similar.

Thanks!

Jeff BloomerJeff Bloomer

Could you please send me the solution?

SimonGSimonG

Hi.

Can you send me the solution too please ?

Simon