function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kdmrkdmr 

unable to add custom button to list view

Hi,

I have created a custom list button and want to add this to the list view as well as related lists. I was able to add this custom button to the related list, but not to the standard list page. I am going to the object settings and am adding it to the list view layout, but the button is not showing. How do I get this displayed in the List view?

Thanks

KD 

MarkSilberMarkSilber
The custom button will only show on the list view after you actually execute a view (press Go). Until then, only the default "New" button is visible.
kdmrkdmr
Is there any way to get the custom button on the splash page that comes up when you click on a tab. This problem is pushing me to a cornor. I have create a page that will override the new button and will duplicate the record type selection page. Later I came to know that the record type selection page will not let you override. So I thought of creating a new button and now that cannot be used in the List view..... This kind of forces me to use Visualforce, but I would like to know if there are is any other way that I get to my page when I click on new.
werewolfwerewolf

Make a tab that points to a view instead of to the overview page:

http://blogs.salesforce.com/support/2008/07/the-open-cases.html

Marc C.Marc C.

Mark, you are describing what I would like - a custom button on the list page (tab) - after one presses Go to run a view. But how to place the List Button I have created there? It's not a layout.

sweetzsweetz

Hi,

You can go to search layout of the object, then click for example account list view link and add the custom button that you have already created. Following video will be helpful for you

https://salesforce.adobeconnect.com/_a13852757/buttonsandlinks/

silpa garikapatisilpa garikapati
Hi,
How to add custom javascript buttons to list view in lightning.