function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ramanprakashramanprakash 

Can I write Code (jsp) on the Customer Portal Home page.

Is there any way I can write a little logic on the 'Customer Portal Home' page that can give the following.

unique-key=sha1(<current-time>, <key>)

The reason I need to do this, is because I need to have a link that can be accessible only through the customer login portal.

the resultant link I would like is.

http://<xyz>.com?unique-key=<unique-key>

MATTYBMEMATTYBME
What are you trying to acheive with the logic? You can create HTML components to include in the Homepage layout for the Customer Portal. Those HTML components can be simple iframes that include Visualforce and Apex, classes, components and static resorces. So you may be able to either acheive the Link via Visualforce using JavaScript or via Visualforce using Apex.
ramanprakashramanprakash

I made a iframe pointing to a apex page, which has simple contents.

Now the problem is that, I see the SalesForce layout in the apex page, is there anyway I can remove the layout from being displayed ?

Logic I am trying to achieve:

- I need a link that can be accessible only through the Customer Login Portal.

- eg: Click here to download  files. The link it points to should be accessible only if the customer has logged in through the portal.

You understanding what I am trying to get at ?

ramanprakashramanprakash

There was a problem:

When I logged in through the customer portal, the Apex page displayed "please login to Sales Force to view the page"

Is there a way I can allow certain pages to be accessed by Customers also ?

MATTYBMEMATTYBME

Ok the Visualforce page can be stripped of the standard salesforce layout by including showheader="false" and showsidebar="false" in your apex: page tag.

In order to acheive a different layout for fields, tables, columns etc you will have to include CSS and some javascript in the Visualforce page.

I understand the logic for the link. It seems that this may be unessecary as you are only providing the link inside the Customer Portal which is behind a login so you could probably just provide a URL to your ftp file for download or something like that.

Ok you have to include any Apex Classes and Visualforce pages in the Profile you use to access theCustomer Portal for the pages to display.

I have about 10 Profiles specific to the Customer Portal and I have made sure that they all contain the Apex Classes and Visualforce pages I want to display on the Portal.