function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sachin.ramdasisachin.ramdasi 

Why can't I see Documents sObject in list for creating lookup relationship

Hello

For one of my custom object, I want to create a lookup relationship with Documents. But when I go for adding a new fields on my custom object of type lookup relationship, I don't see Documents sObject as one of the option in the 'Related To' list. Can anybody tell me what's the reason for this? Is is not possible to create a new custom field of type lookup relationship with Documents sObject?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

Document is a special object. Salesforce does not allow lookup to the document object. It is an object wherein one can store any document in salesforce. What is your specific requirement , in case you just want to provide the user with the link of a document you do so via a formula field which provides a link which one can follow. Also you can have a field  say document id - a text field wherein user can put the id of the document to which you want a link and the formula field's formula will access this field to provide the necessary link.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't  work, or if so, please mark it solved.