function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
erika002erika002 

Link Custom Lookup(account) field to custom checkbox field

Hey,

I would like a custom field checkbox to be checked on account X when another custom lookup(account) field on account Y is filled in with the name of the account X.

I don't think this works with workflow because of the custom field...

b-Forceb-Force

Erika,

Could you plese post your requirement in more detail way

Thanks,

Bala

erika002erika002

Hey,

I will give you an example!

There are two accounts, A & B. On those accounts there should be two fields. One that says "member concentrator" (=that's the one who concentrates the member underneith him and should be a checkbox and checked when this account is a member concentrator). The second field is "member concentrator account", this field should be filled in when you select a member concentrator account (the one above that account) for that account. It is like a hierarchy.

If on account A, a member concentrator account is selected (we select account B) then on the account B, the checkbox "member concentrator" should be automatically checked. The other field "member concentrator account" will be empty since account B is the member concentrator.

I hope this helps!

I asked around and I think this should be done with a trigger. Unfortunetaly I have no experience with that...

Could you help me with this?

Thanks!

b-Forceb-Force

Erika,

you can achive this requirement by trigger only :(

Also there one more hurdle while implementing this we need to update anather Account record,

So it will be recursion.

To avoid recursion you need to handle some conditions .

please give me field API Name (lookup ,checkbox field that you are updating )  I will develop trigger for you :)

please reply soon .....

Thanks,

Bala