function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoyDJoyD 

Create Opp page from button on Event? Passing values from Event to Opportunity...

I'm unsure how to best do this...I would like to pass values from the Event (Date, Campaign, Name, Assigned To) to a page to open an Opportunity.  I tried just doing a URL, but when passing the Name (WhoId), it does a Contact ID which of course won't work because the Opp needs an Account (FYI, we use PersonAccounts).  Also, the Campaign (WhatId), and AssignedTo pass ID's and apparently the Opp page is looking for the name of the item, not the ID.

So I am wondering if there is a way to extract that info from the Event to push into a URL.

Or, do I need to resort to VisualForce?  I could recreate the New page for Opportunities, but I assume I'd still need to somehow pass the info from the Event through a button.  Would I then need to create a separate View page for Events, to pass the info through the viewstate (haven't worked with viewstate yet).  Or would it make sense to make an Event/Opp mashup page.

I can't just save an Opp to the database with the values I'm passing, there are many required fields that will still need to be filled out, hence why I'd like to go straight to the 'New' page.

Thanks for any help or pointing me in a direction...