function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RimaRima 

How to change report column names

Hi All,

I have selected some columns for the report and generated the report. I am getting the desired output in the report result. However, I want to change the report column names so that the column names are more meaningful.Is there a way to  change the report column names? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
flewellsflewells

Hi there, only if you create a Custom Report Type (CRT) do you have the option of changing labels for display purpose (and, even then, I would do so conversatively so as not to confuse users).  Then every new report you build that is based on that CRT will show the renamed labels.

You can find more information about Custom Report Types within Salesforce Help & Training.  Search for "Custom Report Types Overview".

All Answers

flewellsflewells

You can change field labels (and therefore column names) in reports if your report is created from a Custom Report Type.

RimaRima

Hi,

Thank you for your response.I went to the custom object and changed the field labels and the change reflected in the report. After I select the columns that need to be included in the report, can I change the column names for display purpose?

flewellsflewells

Hi there, only if you create a Custom Report Type (CRT) do you have the option of changing labels for display purpose (and, even then, I would do so conversatively so as not to confuse users).  Then every new report you build that is based on that CRT will show the renamed labels.

You can find more information about Custom Report Types within Salesforce Help & Training.  Search for "Custom Report Types Overview".

This was selected as the best answer
RimaRima

Hi,

Thank you for the valuable information.

Siva Sankar PaluriSiva Sankar Paluri
Hi,
I have created a custom report type and generated a report. Now i want to change the names of few fields for display purpose and identification.where we need to change the field name .Can you please help me out