function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hy80hy80 

Can I upload Quote PDF by using DataLoader??

Hi.

Somebody help me!!

I want to upload a PDF document to QuoteDocument objects by ApexDataLoader.

I can export a record of QuoteDocument, and decode the value of "Document" column into binary file.

So,I think I can upload PDF document by opposite way.

First, I encode a PDF file into BASE64 characters.

Second, I write csv file setting these characters to the value of "Document" column.

Finally, I tried to upload the csv file by using ApexDataLoader.

As a result, Insert process failed.

Detail of error is, I guess, DataLoader tried to find the document file in which DataLoader is installed.

Is this way completely wrong? or let me know another way.

P.S. I'm so sorry for my poor English. I'm Japanese, so forgive me :womansad:

James (CloudAnswers)James (CloudAnswers)

Apex Data Loader should have given you a field with error messages if it was not successful.  What was the exact error from the file?

hy80hy80

Thank you for replying.

And I'm sorry that my post was not enough.

The following message is value of error column in error-csv.

-------------------------------------------------

Error converting value to correct data type: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 20.0\**********(The specified path is not found)

-------------------------------------------------

annotation : ********** is BASE64 words encoded by PDF file.

James (CloudAnswers)James (CloudAnswers)

The documentation for the apex data loader ( https://na4.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_data_loader.pdf ) on page 15 says that you can leave the binary attachment in the same folder and use the filename.

hy80hy80

Thenk you for replying again.

And I read the documentation.

First, in the page of Quote in salesforce, we can see two related list.(not only two)

(1) "Quote PDF"

in here, we can see, delete, send by e-mail the PDF document which we made about the Quote.

(2) "Attachments"

in here, we can see, delete, modify the document which we have uploaded before.

And also we can add other document.

I guess, the document  james introduced shows the way to upload some document for the related list (2).

Actually, I could upload the document to this area.

But, this time, I want to upload documents for the related list (1).

I found that the original PDF document made by salesforce (exists in (1) area) was saved

in the record of "QuoteDocument" object.

So I tried to upload the local PDF document by using ApexDataLoader.

Is it impossible??

Nachu RYNachu RY

HI james,Through ApexDataloader i extracted FeedItem in which contentdata has base64 type data which has 10000 records ,Now i want to insert  that data into salesforce.I Tried i got the same error as"Cannot convert........................****".Please ,can u tell in what way i have to insert that data.

It is too dificult to conver all record and save it in computer,then have to specify the path...Please can u tell me another way to insert .