function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cambartcambart 

Custom Objects in Force.com IDE

I have just set up the Force.com IDE through eclipse, and have a question about getting custom objects.  I have created a sandbox instance that has custom objects that were created through salesforce.com in a browser, but when looking at this instance in the Force.com IDE it does not show any of my custom objects.  Any help/suggestions here would be great!

Cameron

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Kent ManningKent Manning

Hi Cameron,

Two options:  in the IDE right click on your project folder in the Navigator.  In the pop up menu go to FORCE.COM and expand that menu.  Then select "Refresh from Server" or select "Add/Remove MetaData Components..."  If you select "Add/Remove MetaData Components, you will then need to click the Add/Remove button in the upper right corner of the dialog box that pops up. Once you do that you will need to select the items you want in your project.  Click OK, Apply, and OK.  Now your project in eclipse should have the custom objects.

Hope that helps.

All Answers

minkeshminkesh

Hello cambart,

Add your object in package.xml file and save and refresh.

Kent ManningKent Manning

Hi Cameron,

Two options:  in the IDE right click on your project folder in the Navigator.  In the pop up menu go to FORCE.COM and expand that menu.  Then select "Refresh from Server" or select "Add/Remove MetaData Components..."  If you select "Add/Remove MetaData Components, you will then need to click the Add/Remove button in the upper right corner of the dialog box that pops up. Once you do that you will need to select the items you want in your project.  Click OK, Apply, and OK.  Now your project in eclipse should have the custom objects.

Hope that helps.

This was selected as the best answer