function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
djinatlgadjinatlga 

Cloud Flow Designer - Accessing Picklist Values?

Can someone help me understand how to access a picklist values from a picklist on a custom object in the cloud flow designer? It looks like I have recreate the picklist choices as Choices in flow, which I do not want to do from an on going management perspecitve. When I try Dynamic Choices it brings back record values and not just the picklist options. Thanks!

brad1822brad1822

Have you found a solution yet??

I created the same picklist values in the flow but when the record is created the picklist field is not updated with the selected value.  Any ideas for a work around? 

djinatlgadjinatlga

I was unable to find a solution. For your issue, After the screen element did you do a Record Update taking the variable value and updating the database field?

TamurthTamurth

I'm facing same issue, unable to get field picklist values in the flow.

Scott ChristieScott Christie

Same issue here.

Has anyone found how to set Picklist fieldvalues through flow or is this an SFDC defect?

djinatlgadjinatlga

Is still is not a current feature for flow. Even in Winter '13 release they are adding the ability to do multi-picklists, but bot the multi and standard picklists cannot tie to values on an object's field declaritvely. I sure hope it is on the roadmap.I found one idea sort of related to this that you can vote for "Dynamic Choices for Picklist values in flow"

MoosecoutureMoosecouture

Using Dynamic choices you can accomplish this.

This may not be clear when you first start using flows but if you select dynamic choices it is choosing from all entries on an object.  So to make this happen you create a new custom object.  You can name it something like dynamic picklist choices.  You do not need this to be a visible tab you can just upload and delete choices from reports.  Once you have created this make a field call it something that you can remember for the flow.  When you enter records under that object for those fields... those will come up in your dynamic pick list.  This saves having to constantly update the flow with new fields and also activating new flows.

Vishanka PereraVishanka Perera
But this also means that you have to constanly update the object records with new picklist choises.