function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aj2taylo2aj2taylo2 

Case Auto Response - Can' t determine how email is sent

I am working on an org where I can't determine how an auto-response for a Case is being generated.

- when the case is opened, an email is sent.  I don't recognize the email template.

- the "Auto Response" rules setup for the org don't include a rule for this Record Type, and the templates used do not match any of the above.  So the email is not sent from there.

- I can't see anywhere in the APEX code where this email is sent.  When I check the debug log, it doesn't appear that any Email Invocations are run.

- I can't see any workflow email triggers that send this

- If I modify one of the Auto Response rules to include the Record Type in question, the Auto Response rule runs as expected;  the original email is not sent.

- If I reset the Auto Response rules, then the original email is sent again.

Is there any way for me to diagnose this?

Thank you

AT 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
msalget1msalget1

Found where mine was coming from... App Setup > Customize > Self-Service > Web-to-Case

A Default Response Template was set.

Still not sure why this fires for Cases submitted through our customer portal..

All Answers

msalget1msalget1

I'm having problems determining this as well.. Some things I have learned today:

Under App Setup > Customize > Cases > Support Settings, if you have a template selected in the Case Creation Template setting, I believe this is sent regardless of auto-response rules.

How are your case record types being determined? Ensure that you have taken Salesforce order of execution into account:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_triggers_order_of_execution.htm

That said, I'm still not sure how ours are firing as the cases that are triggering the auto responses don't meet our auto response rule criteria and our Case Creation Template setting is not set. After hearing your issues, I'm thinking this might be a SalesForce issue and going to go ahead and submit a ticket..

Thanks,
Meredith 

msalget1msalget1

Found where mine was coming from... App Setup > Customize > Self-Service > Web-to-Case

A Default Response Template was set.

Still not sure why this fires for Cases submitted through our customer portal..

This was selected as the best answer
aj2taylo2aj2taylo2

Thanks Meredith!  That was it, looks like it was setup a LONG time ago.