function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JillDJillD 

Trying to create a report for Opportunity - Product - Custom Table (Inventory)

Hello, I need some help with a project. I thought this would be an easy task, but it's driving me bonkers.

The company I now work for has a custom table, Inventory.

Inventory is linked to product via the Product ID.

I want to create a report that pulls in information from Opportunity, Opportunity Product and Inventory. Something like:

Account Name, Opportunity Name, Product Name, Quantity in Opportunity, Quantity in Inventory

The trouble is, I cannot get Product to pull informaton from fields in Inventory. I can't figure out how to create a custom report object that combines Opportunity, Product and Inventory. I've got a report that has Product and Inventory, but that doesn't give me any information from Opportunity.

I thought I could create a link table that would get information from Opportunity, Product and Inventory, but I couldn't figure out how to automatically populate the OpportunityID, ProductID and InventoryID fields.

Right now, my workaround is manual. I download data from recently created or recently updated Inventory records into Excel, and then upload the pertinent information into custom fields in the Product table.

Can anybody come up with a way to link Inventory to Product or a way to automatically update the custom Product fields?

Thanks in advance for any and all insights.

Jill

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

What you are doing is updating few fields in products based on inventory data information.

I think your requirement can be appropriately implemented using a trigger.

Hope this helps.