function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
salesforce_newbiesalesforce_newbie 

Problem creating a trigger

Hi All,

I've been trying to figure out how to create a trigger.  I've been trying to follow the help instructions but the options aren't there.   For example, when I go to Setup | Develop | ApexTriggers, there is no option for me to create a new trigger.  Or if I go to an Object that has already been created there is no option to create a new trigger.  It says 'no triggers defined' and that's it.

Can anyone suggest what I should be doing??

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You also need to check out the Edition of salesforce before deploying triggers from DE. Triggers are available in the Developer Edition, Enterprise Editon and Unlimited Edition only.

Hope this helps.

All Answers

EnthEnth

You cannot create triggers on live org, you need to work in a Developer Edition or Sandbox created from your live org. Once you've written your trigger, and it's unit test method, you can deploy to your live org using either Eclipse or a Change Set.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You also need to check out the Edition of salesforce before deploying triggers from DE. Triggers are available in the Developer Edition, Enterprise Editon and Unlimited Edition only.

Hope this helps.

This was selected as the best answer
salesforce_newbiesalesforce_newbie

Thanks everyone for your help :)