function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lawlaw 

Failed Component Deployment Results

Hello

Below are  the results of the failed deployment validations.  in the first one the column does exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lawrence

API NameTypeLineColumnProblem

Book_of_BusinessApex Class3347No such column 'Asset_Total__c' on entity 'Product_Detail__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
TestBookofBusinessControllerApex Class3236Invalid type: Book_of_Business
DD_BOBVisualforce Page  Apex class 'Book_of_Business' does not exist
Book_of_Business__cCustom Object Definition  dd_bob does not exist or is not a valid override for action Accept.
Product_Detail__cCustom Object Definition  Cannot set ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field

SFFSFF

The error message is saying that Asset_Total__c does not exist IN PRODUCTION (assuming you're moving into production). That last error message looks like you changed the relationship between Product_Detail__c and another object in sandbox. Here's the thing: you can't use a deployment to alter a master-detail relationship in the target org. It's just one of those things. You'll have to go into the target org and manually make that change, and then re-deploy. At that point, all of these errors will probably go away, because they all appear to depend on Product_Detail__c getting updated, and it's not due to a master-detail relationship.

Hope this helps,

lawlaw

Hello and Thank You for your reply

It is correct that the field Asset_Total__c does not exist IN PRODUCTION because it is a field in the Product_Detail object I am trying to deploy.

Also , I am not trying to alter a master-detail relationship in the target org.  The objects that make up the relationship are also part of the deployment.

As such they do not exist in production yet.

I think I am missing something.   Why is it giving me errors due to items not existing in production when the deployment is to put the same items in production.

Thanks in Advance

SabrentSabrent

I have experienced this in the past and this is what i did -

Created two change sets - first change set with the Custom Object and fields, second change set with visual force page and Apex classes. After deploying the first change set succesfully, deployed the second. 

Hope this helps. 

lawlaw

Thank you for your response

However, I still receive the error messages above for the two objects when I deploy only the objects .

SabrentSabrent

strange!!  How are you deploying- Change set or IDE?

If deploying through Chnage Set, try deploying through IDE.

lawlaw

I do not see any objects in  the Force.com IDE

lawlaw

I have added the Custom Objects to my IDE and attempted to deploy.  I am still receiving the following error. I only have a custom VF page called "DD_BOB".

Adding the page to the deploment does not seem to help.

# Deploy Results:
   File Name:    objects/Book_of_Business__c.object
   Full Name:  Book_of_Business__c
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: dd_bob does not exist or is not a valid override for action Accept.

Ian StockIan Stock
I've had the same problem for a few weeks now, and stumbled on the resolution to "Cannot set sharingModel to ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field" when deploying through change sets. I wasn't having the problem through the IDE.
The resolution is to add the "MasterDetail relationship field" into the change set, even if you haven't changed it or the Sharing / OWD.
I'm assuming if you don't have the custom field in your package / object in the IDE either, then you'd probably get the same error.